Updated April 2, 2007
- A designer starting her own company, with plans to debut for the Fall 2008 selling season
- An observer and critic of trends in clothes, business, the psychology of the desirable, and the socio-economic cause and effect intertwined
- A girl, living in San Francisco, living with her geekerati husband, both pounding away at their careers
- A designer who clocked in 6 years in L.A. before chucking it all and moving 400 miles north
- A girl so preoccupied with dressing others she forgot to dress herself
- A nerd who feels really really really uncomfortable at the supercool fashionista parties
- A hopeful cynic studying the differences between the fashion industry and the apparel industry
- A fashionista who hates wearing clothes
I write this blog for a couple of different reasons.
- I want people to know what life is really like for a not-famous fashion designer, a very ambitious not-famous fashion designer.
- I want a place to showcase my work.
- I want to have interesting conversations about fashion and the industry in general that goes beyond hyping hot bags.
What I don’t do on this blog:
- I don’t write details about my day job, previous day jobs, and the like. I reserve the right to keep my company’s name, doings and reputation private and wholly separate from my own personal career-related adventures.
- I don’t blog at work. If I don’t respond to your comment right away, don’t be offended–it probably means I’m still at work.
- I love comments, even if you disagree with me! (But please keep things civil and more-or-less on topic.)
- I encourage constructive criticism regarding my work. Can’t grow as a designer without it.
- If you have any questions, would like me to post on a particular topic, etc., please email me at verbalcroquis at gmail dot com.