but I really don’t think Loni Anderson is much of a style icon and mimicing her look is probably not the best idea. I’m just sayin’.
Ok, that was pretty catty.
I recently found out that the Queen of England has weights sewn into the hems of her skirts so they don’t blow up in the wind. Totally thought of you. Hee.
I loathe paperwork. That is all.
I haven’t been feeling too social lately, but a recently relocated friend returned to SF for a visit so the hordes came out, eager to see her, myself included. Good times, peppered with several “reprimands” for dropping off the face of the planet. Despite my protests that there wasn’t much going on, or many elements of my life are up in the air and constantly changing and therefore I had little to report on, an update has been demanded.
- Zoë Hong LLC is moving, most likely. The owner of our loft is looking to sell. More news on that as I get it. Yes, we’re staying in SF.
- Been reading a lot. Fashion books, some fiction. Reread the Harry Potter series in preparation for the new book and movie next month. Got some really cool fashion books (on sewing, merchandising, etc.) at The Most Amazing Bookstore when I was in Portland last month.
- My new job is rad. I’ve been there for three weeks now, and I really love it. Most of all, my bosses (a married couple of my parents’ generation) are awesome. They’re the kind of people that inspire loyalty and hard work.
- Preparing to start working on my first samples. Initial drapes and patterns, working out construction kinks, etc.
- In the market for an industrial sewing machine that can handle regular wovens as well as lightweight leathers and a big, sturdy pattern table. Used is ok. I’ve been tinkering around online, checking craigslist and the such.
- Recently decided to stop fighting it and resign myself to my fate as a napper. I like sleeping 5 hours at night and taking a 1.5-2 hour nap later in the day/early evening. Sigh. Years spent trying to correct my sleeping schedule have been unceremoniously chucked out the window.
It’s amazing how much one can write about nothing, isn’t it? Not a lot is happening these days. Just pleasant life stuff.
How are you doing? Really, I want to know.